3 Crystal DIYs to Get You Through Mercury Retrograde
Beware! Mercury retrograde is in full effect. Please note: Mercury is not actually moving backward, it’s just an illusion that occurs when Mercury passes Earth in its orbit. However, while this cosmic occurrence happens three to four times a year, it has some serious astrological implications. Mercury rules the transfer of information, thus, throwing off all communication, travel and technology during its retrograde. I mean, the WiFi at Brit HQ was on the fritz all last week. Coincidence or Mercury retrograde? Just sayin’. Regardless, I felt like it was time to burn some sage and harness some crystal power to get us through the final days of Mercury retrograde without incident.
Stones: amethyst and quartz
Properties: Amethyst is a calming stone to help promote peace and balance during this crazy time. Quartz crystals are among the most common in the world, are seen as a source of light and can help guide you through muddled communication.
- amethyst gemstone and geode
- crystal quartz pieces
- small rocks
- flat nose pliers
- Safely break open your geode and separate it into small pieces with a hammer. Make sure you protect yourself from flying pieces.
- Layer the geode pieces at the bottom of the jar with the crystals facing outward. Next, add the rocks and soil.
- Plant your succulents into the soil, using your finger to dig a little hole in the soil.
- Arrange your crystals around the succulents to your liking and you’re done!
Layer the geode pieces at the bottom of the jar with the crystals facing outward. Next, add the rocks and soil.
Carefully place the succulents and crystals into your jar. And you’re done!
This little crystal terrarium will definitely bring some positive vibes your way.